Football Snacks – Just For You
Pizza -Hot & Homemade One 12 “ pizza
1 package of Betty Crocker Pizza Crust Mix (or *similar brand)
1/2 Cup Hot Water (not boiling water)
Toppings-veggies, pepperoni, hamburger, sausage
- Heat oven to 450°F or 425°F for nonstick cookie sheet or pan. Grease cookie sheet or 12-inch pizza pan.
- Stir Pizza Crust Mix and hot water until all mix is moistened. Cover; let stand 5 minutes.
- Press dough into 12-inch circle on cookie sheet or pizza pan, using floured fingers; add toppings.
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes on lowest oven rack until crust is golden brown.
Hint-to make it extra yummy, brush the crust with garlic butter after baking and sprinkle it with some extra parmesan cheese.
Cheesy Chex Mix
4 Tablespoons butter
3 cups Chex cereal
2 cups mini pretzels
1 cup cheese crackers
¾ shredded parmesan cheese
Pinch of garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Melt the butter* in a small microwave-safe bowl for about 30 seconds. Stir to melt all the butter
- Combine the next five ingredients in a BIG bowl and mix gently
- Pour the melted butter over everything and toss it lightly to combine.
- Dump it onto a baking sheet with sides and bake for about 7 minutes. Stir it around and bake another 7 minutes- 15 minutes in all. Cool and Enjoy
Apple Slices* with Nut Butter
1 nice big apple-the variety of your choice
4 ounces softened cream cheese
½ cup peanut butter or cashew butter
¼ cup brown sugar
5 tablespoons milk
½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash the apple and dry it. Slice into pieces like French fries. You may want to peel the apple.
- Combine the other ingredients and beat with an electric mixer* until smooth. Serve
Ovens are very hot, use oven mitts or potholders to remove the pizza from the oven. Make sure you have a place to put the pizza down after it’s out of the oven. Use a cooling rack or heatproof surface. Hot pans can burn some countertops.
* While using an electric mixer never get any metal spoons near the beaters. Keep your fingers away from the beaters too. Use a rubber scraper to help clean the sides of the bowl.
Good Things To Know
* Many companies make small bags or boxes of pizza dough mix. They will make one small pizza so make sure to read the directions on each box or bag. The directions may vary between brands.
* Making your own pizza sauce is easy. Use a 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes, add 1 tablespoon oregano and 2 tablespoons sugar. Smash them and mix in a bowl or use a stick blender. Hunts makes a very nice product. Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic. This makes a very nice pizza sauce but any diced tomatoes will do.
*When melting butter in the microwave, it doesn’t take long. If you don’t cover the bowl it may splatter inside the microwave, and you’ll have a big clean-up job to do. Cover the bowl with food wrap or a microwave cover.
* Some fruits like apples and bananas turn brown after they have been sliced. Dip them in a little 7-Up or Sprite or any Lemon-Lime soda. This will keep them looking nice for a time.
Apples…. Did you know?
Apples are high in fiber so eat the peel too. Apples are the most common fruit in the world. Eating apples may reduce the risk of cancer. Apples are 25% air that’s why they are best for bobbing