Best-Ever Turkey Burger
YIELDS: 4 serving PREP TIME: 5 mins TOTAL TIME: 20 mins CAL SERV: 252
• 1 lb ground turkey
• 1 large egg, beaten to blend
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
• 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• Hamburger buns, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and/or mayonnaise, for serving
Step 1-In a large bowl, mix turkey, egg, garlic, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce, season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, form mixture into 4 flat patties.
Step 2-In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add patties and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Serve on buns with desired toppings.
How to keep your turkey burgers together:
Since turkey burgers tend to be drier than their ground beef counterparts, we added an egg to ours to help it hold together and give it more moisture. We also use 94% lean ground turkey in our patties we don’t recommend any higher than that, or your burgers might not hold together.
Seasoning turkey burgers:
Turkey burger mostly relies on Worcestershire and herbs for seasoning, but you can really add any of your favorite spices to them if you like. Smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, onion powder or even homemade Cajun seasoning would all be great additions. Add some finely chopped shallots in with your garlic or swap out the parsley for any herbs you have on hand.
Can I prep turkey burgers ahead of time?
Absolutely! Love getting ahead when it comes to prep. Make the turkey burger mixture, form into patties, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 1 day ahead. You can also freeze the patties for up to 3 months and use them when you need.
Everyone To Clean Up:
• Cleaning up stations. Wipe down all surfaces used tables, countertops, stove, microwave, refrigerator.
• Clean off all floors (sweep and mop) and vacuum surrounding areas.
• Unload (if there are any in the dishwasher) load dishwasher and wash containers and pots (hand washing dishes).
• Trash- take to the dumpster.
• Laundry (if there are some kitchen towels in the basket) and ect…
Thank you for coming and participating in the cooking class, with much love Ms. Ruth ❤️
Have a wonderful day! 😊