Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl
The famous Chipotle chicken burrito bowl was my initial motivation for creating make at home versions of these recipes.
How to Make a Chipotle Burrito Bowl
Before assembling the bowls, prepare the recipes and prep the other ingredients. I’ve included some make-ahead tips below.
Prep the Ingredients:
• Prepare the Cilantro Lime Rice and cook the the Chipotle Chicken. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes, then cut it into bite-size pieces.
• Mix together the Easy Corn Salsa, Fresh Tomato Salsa (see recipe card), and Chipotle Guacamole.
• Drain and warm the black beans in a small saucepan.
• Shred the cheese and chop the lettuce.
Base – Divide the rice and lettuce between the bowls to create a base for the other ingredients.
Protein – Add the Chipotle Chicken and warmed black beans.
Salsas – A spoon full of Easy Corn Salsa and Fresh Tomato Salsa.
Garnish – Add a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
Chipotle Chicken –The marinated boneless skinless chicken breasts can be cooked either on the grill or stovetop because we need our burrito bowls rain or shine!
Cilantro Lime Rice – This is the first Chipotle recipe I published. It’s super easy to make at home.
Easy Corn Salsa – Chipotle’s corn salsa is made easy with frozen corn. It takes minutes to put together and tastes so much like the restaurant version.
Fresh Tomato Salsa – I’ve included the recipe for this super fresh salsa in the recipe card below. It’s basically pico de gallo and adds great flavor and color contrast to the bowls.
Chipotle Guacamole – I used Chipotle’s ingredient list to whip up this easy guacamole.
For the rest – Canned black beans, chopped romaine lettuce, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, and sour cream. I like to serve the bowls with lime wedges and tortilla chips on the side.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
• Customization: Each person can customize their Chipotle Burrito Bowl to their liking and, the varieties are endless.
• Quality: Cooking at home allows you to take control of the quality and freshness of the ingredients.
• Portion Control: You can add as much or as little of each ingredient as you’d like to build a bowl that suits your diet.
• Meal Prep: Prepare the recipes in advance and store them separately so you can assemble a quick Chipotle Burrito Bowl.
Everyone To Clean Up:
• Cleaning up stations. Wipe down all surfaces used tables, countertops, stove, microwave, refrigerator.
• Clean off all floors (sweep and mop) and vacuum surrounding areas.
• Unload (if there are any in the dishwasher) load dishwasher and wash containers and pots (hand washing dishes).
• Trash- take to the dumpster.
• Laundry (if there are some kitchen towels in the basket) and ect…
Thank you for coming and participating in the cooking class, with much love Ms. Ruth ❤️
Have a wonderful day! 😊