Skillet Lemon-Herb Chicken and Potatoes
Quick-cooking boneless, skinless chicken breasts stay moist and tender thanks to pan-roasting and a tangy lemon-butter sauce. If you can’t find small potatoes, feel free to cut up larger ones to about 1″ pieces. It’ll turn out just as good
Objectives in lesson plan:
In a cooking class you can learn appropriate terminology that will help you to better read and understand recipe preparations.
Basic Skills-A few of the basic skills you can learn in the kitchen are knife skills, basic cooking methods, menu development, and meal prep.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes COOK TIME: 20 minutes TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes MAKES: 4 serving
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/4 lb small potatoes, halved
- ½ cup freshly chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, plus 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp butter
- Salt and black pepper
- Combine the spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a microwave safe shallow dish, add the prepared potatoes and a few tablespoons of water. Microwave the potatoes on high for 5-8 minutes or until fork tender, but not falling apart. Pour out any excess water once cooked.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the chicken, half of the spice mixture and season with salt and pepper. Sauté the chicken until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and onto a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet, swirl to coat the bottom and add in the potatoes. Season with the remaining spice mixture, salt and pepper. Cook for approximately 2 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet along with any juices. Squeeze in the lemon juice and sprinkle on the lemon zest and fresh herbs. Stir everything together until coated. Serve as is or with one of the salads mentioned above.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 362TOTAL FAT: 11gSATURATED FAT: 2gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATEDFAT: 8gCHOLESTEROL: 96mgSODIUM: 97mgCARBOHYDRATES: 27gFIBER: 3gSUGAR: 2gPROTEIN: 38g
Leave a Reply