Slow-Cooker Beef Short Ribs
Slow-cooker beef short ribs recipe – If you’re a fan of Crockpot meals, this slow-cooker beef short ribs recipe is an absolute treat. The beef is marinated with a mix of soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and hot sauce, then cooked low and slow for the tenderness that only a slow cooker can create for a unique, delicious flavor.
INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE SLOW COOKER SHORT RIBS:
- 3 to 4 pounds of beef short ribs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar(or honey)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
BEEF SHORT RIBS IN THE SLOW-COOKER
This is a simple and delicious recipe for a Korean-style slow cooker beef short ribs. Slow cooking gives the beef short ribs an incredibly tender and juicy texture and infuses them with a delicious savory flavor. Using a combination of soy sauce, ginger, garlic, Sriracha, rice vinegar, and back pepper, this recipe produces sweet and savory ribs that are genuinely finger-licking good! You won’t be able to resist trying this fantastic dish.
- To make the slow cookershort ribs: Place short ribs on a shallow plate. Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, Sriracha, chili flakes, pepper, and water in a small bowl. Pour over the short ribs and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the marinated beef short ribs to the slow cooker, add 1 cup of water or beef broth, cover the lid, and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, turning once halfway through to ensure all sides of the ribs soak up the sauce.
- Sprinkle the slow cooker short ribs with more red chili pepper flakes and cilantro before serving. Enjoy! ❤️
TIPS FOR THE SLOW COOKER SHORT RIBS RECIPE:
- You can brown the short ribs in a skillet or under the broiler to give them some color and depth of flavor.
- Slow cooker cooking times can vary depending on the brand of your slow cooker.
- If you want to cook the short ribs in a Dutch oven, add an additional cup of water to the sauce and bake, covered, in a 300°F (150ºC) oven for 3 to 4 hours or until the ribs are tender.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THE SLOW COOKER SHORT RIBS?
We like to serve the short ribs on top of mashed potatoes for an extra decadent dish. Rice, pasta, or couscous are also fantastic options. And if you’re feeling really ambitious, add some roasted veggies to make it a complete meal.
CAN I SEAR THE SHORT RIBS FIRST?
As said above, you can sear or brown your short ribs before slow–cooking. Even though it may seem like an extra step, it‘s worth it! By searing, you will get a crispy outer layer and an extra layer of flavor.
WHY ARE MY SHORT RIBS NOT TENDER IN A SLOW COOKER?
Short ribs need time – cook them until the meat starts to fall off the bone. If you feel they are not done after 7 hours, keep cooking of one more hour or so, checking the liquids so it doesn’t dry up.
HOW TO KEEP THE CROCKPOT BEEF SHORT RIBS LEFTOVERS?
In your refrigerator, you can keep beef short ribs leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat covered in the oven.
Everyone To Clean Up:
- Cleaning up stations. Wipe down all surfaces used tables, countertops, stove, microwave, refrigerator.
- Clean off all floors (sweep and mop) and vacuum surrounding areas.
- Unload (if there are any in the dishwasher) load dishwasher and wash containers and pots (hand washing dishes).
- Trash- take to the dumpster.
- Laundry (if there are some kitchen towels in the basket) and ect…
Thank you for coming and participating in the cooking class, with much love Ms. Ruth ❤️
Have a wonderful day! 😊