Add to Calendar
July 17, 2023 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
PLEASE NOTE: Cooking with Ruth will begin at 9:00 on July 19th due to July Birthday(s) celebration
Prep: 15 min, Bake 1 hr+Standing Makes 8 servings.
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 1/4 Cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper/divided
- 1 Pound Medium pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 4 Cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 Cups 4% cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 Cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 jar (24 oz) pasta sauce.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, breaking meat in to crumbles; draihn. Sprinkle with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, 3 Cups mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and the remaining pepper. Transfer to a greased shallow 3 qt. or 13×9 in. baking dish. Top with beef mixture and spaghetti sauce (dish will be full)
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered, until bubbly and cheese is melted. 15 minuters longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.