Ruth is cooking this morning with a group visiting from the Cerebral Palsy Research Foundation–Guided Assisted Living Assessment group
This class will be closed and only the CPRF group will attend.
Walking Tacos and Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
What Is a Walking Taco?
Walking Tacos are a no fuss, no mess taco in a portable chip bag. No plates, no bowls, no dishes to clean up! Just incredible, customizable tacos your whole family will love!
It’s an easy way to feed a crowd, because they are easy to customize – and everyone loves tacos. Eating your taco in a bag means that you can literally walk around, socializing while snacking…what could be better than that when it comes to party food?
We often enjoy them on the dock at the lake cottage, while trick or treating or for game day.
They’re also great for camping, bonfires, outdoor picnics, and everywhere in between – not to mention Taco Tuesday and Cinco de Mayo. Is there ever an occasion that doesn’t call for tacos?
This walking taco recipe is a single-serving bag of Doritos or Corn Chips filled with your favorite meat, cheese and traditional taco toppings – how easy is that?
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 pound ground beef lean 93/7
- ½ package taco seasoning
- ½ bags Fritos Corn Chips
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ¼ packet Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Dip optional
- Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, breaking it up with a masher or base of a wooden spoon and stir in taco seasoning until just brown.
- Optional: combine ranch mix and sour cream.
- Fill chip bags for walking tacos with ground beef, shredded cheese, fiesta sour cream and so much more.
Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza RecipeMake this delicious Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza and you will not be disappointed! This Easy Fruit Pizza Recipe is amazing! You will love this fruit pizza with sugar cookie crust. Yum! Fruit pizza recipe sugar cookie will be a hit.Servings: 12Calories: 262kcal
- (1) 16.5 oz. package sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Fruit toppings fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, kiwi and clementines
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease a pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread dough into prepared pan. I like to put my hand into a sandwich bag and spray the bag with cooking spray and press the dough into the pan. You may need to add additional cooking spray to the bag on your hand as you spread the dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and cream together until smooth with a hand mixer. Spread onto cookie. Top with sliced strawberries, blueberries, sliced kiwi and orange sections. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into pizza size slices and serve.