The regular Friday cooking class will meet at this later time just for this day. Brian will be filling in for Maria
Walking Tacos and Saltine Toffee Cookies
What Is a Walking Taco?
Walking Tacos are a no fuss, no mess taco in a portable chip bag. No plates, no bowls, no dishes to clean up! Just incredible, customizable tacos your whole family will love!
It’s an easy way to feed a crowd, because they are easy to customize – and everyone loves tacos. Eating your taco in a bag means that you can literally walk around, socializing while snacking…what could be better than that when it comes to party food?
We often enjoy them on the dock at the lake cottage, while trick or treating or for game day.
They’re also great for camping, bonfires, outdoor picnics, and everywhere in between – not to mention Taco Tuesday and Cinco de Mayo. Is there ever an occasion that doesn’t call for tacos?
This walking taco recipe is a single-serving bag of Doritos or Corn Chips filled with your favorite meat, cheese and traditional taco toppings – how easy is that?
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 pound ground beef lean 93/7
- ½ package taco seasoning
- ½ bags Fritos Corn Chips
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ¼ packet Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Dip optional
- Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, breaking it up with a masher or base of a wooden spoon and stir in taco seasoning until just brown.
- Optional: combine ranch mix and sour cream.
- Fill chip bags for walking tacos with ground beef, shredded cheese, fiesta sour cream and so much more.
Saltine Toffee Cookies
- 4 ounces saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Line a rimmed baking sheet with saltine crackers in single layer.
Combine butter and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely.
Bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 6 minutes.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Let sit 5 minutes.
Spread softened chocolate evenly. Sprinkle with pecans. Allow to cool completely, about 25 minutes.
Break toffee into pieces.