Add to Calendar
July 13, 2023 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
These taco bowls are guaranteed to be a hit
- 8 – 8” flour tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Chopped lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Taco cheese
- Cilantro (optional)
- Any additional desired toppings
- If making taco bowls:
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Microwave wraps about 10 seconds, until slightly warm and pliable.
- If using a muffin tin: Flip a clean, jumbo-sized muffin tin upside down and cradle a tortilla in the center of four of the inverted cups.
- Gently press down to form a “bowl” out of the tortilla shell — make sure the edges are curved upwards, as in the photos above.
- If using ovenproof bowls — (I used 2 cup-sized ovensafe Pyrex bowls): Lightly spray insides of bowls with cooking spray.
- Gently fold a tortilla into the bowl, creasing the sides as needed to make a bowl shape.
- Bake on 375F for 13 minutes (be careful, the muffin tin/bowls will be very hot!), or until tortillas are slightly browned.
- While the tortilla shells are cooking, cook, brown, drain, and season your ground beef according to instructions on taco seasoning packet.
- Chop your lettuce and tomato and prepare your toppings.
- Once taco bowls are done cooking, fill taco bowls ¾ of the way full with lettuce and tomato.
- Top with prepared ground beef, and then top with desired toppings (sour cream, salsa, taco cheese and cilantro are recommended!).