Loaded Bacon and Cheese Fries
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time30 minutes
Total Time40 minutes
- 1 bag (32 oz) frozen French fries
- cheese sauce (recipe below)
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
For the cheese sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To make the Loaded Bacon and Cheese Fries:
- Bake the french fries according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cheese sauce. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour. Cook and continue to whisk for a minute. Slowly add the milk. Continue to cook and stir until the mixture thickens slightly – about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese until completely melted and thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper.
To assemble the Loaded Bacon and Cheese Fries:
- After the fries come out of the oven, immediately drizzle with cheese sauce. Sprinkle with bacon. Drizzle with sour cream. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve immediately!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 931mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 18g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels.