Add to Calendar
May 2, 2023 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Chicken Lo Mein, Egg Rolls, Fruit
- 16 oz fresh Chinese egg noodles substitute with dried lo mein noodles, spaghetti, linguine, or fettuccine
- 1 lb chicken breast or thigh cut to bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 ½ cups stir fry vegetables sliced ¼ inch thick; See Note 2
- 1 stalk scallion chopped
- 2 teaspoons toasted white sesame seeds for garnish
Lo Mein sauce:
- ½ cup chicken stock substitute with vegetable stock or water
- 2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 ½ Tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 ½ Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
Make it spicy (choose one to add to the sauce):
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce use sparingly, it’s salty
- 1 teaspoon Lao Gan Ma Spicy Chili Crisp use sparingly, it’s salty
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili pepper flakes
- Lo mein sauce:Add the ingredients for the lo mein sauce in a medium-sized bowl and stir together until the sugar dissolves.
½ cup chicken stock,2 Tablespoons oyster sauce,1 ½ Tablespoons dark soy sauce,1 ½ Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce,1 teaspoon cornstarch,1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil,1 teaspoon brown sugar,1 teaspoon ginger,3 cloves garlic
- Marinate chicken:Marinate the chicken with one tablespoon of the prepared sauce while prepping the vegetables.
1 lb chicken breast or thigh
- Boil noodles:Boil the noodles until they are al dente, 1 or 2 minutes shy of the package instructions. Rinse under cold water and drizzle on a tiny amount of oil to prevent them from sticking.
Note: The yellow egg noodles I used in the photo came pre-cooked. Simply rinse them under hot water to separate the strands.
16 oz fresh Chinese egg noodles
- Stir fry chicken and vegetables:Heat a wok or pan over medium-high heat and add the oil. Cook the chicken until fully cooked and then remove it from the pan and set it aside. Next, add the vegetables and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender but crisp.
2 ½ cups stir fry vegetables,1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Add noodles and sauce:Add the noodles and sauce to the pan and toss to combine for 1 to 2 minutes. The sauce should become shiny, glossy, and thick. Add the chicken back in and combine together. Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!
1 stalk scallion,2 teaspoons toasted white sesame seeds
Leave a Reply